Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What Am I, Your Personal Slave?


I'm an administrative assistant.  The company I used to work for was managed by a woman who was more interested in her affair with the boss, make up, shopping, scrapbooking, and anything that wasn't even remotely related to actual work.
 
One day, I was headed in one direction across the office and boss lady was headed in the other direction with a frozen Lean Cuisine meal in her hand.  She tossed it at me (literally - I was lucky I was paying attention or she might have actually injured me) and said, "Microwave this for me, will ya?  I'm late for a meeting!  Oh, and you can just bring it in to me when it's done."
 
Um...huh?
 
I found myself in the strange situation of trying to decide whether to smack her upside the head or simply turn tail and run.
 
You may ask, "What did I decide?"
 
I microwaved the meal (just barely) and brought it to her without a fork.
 
Needless to say she never asked me to microwave her food again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That particular solution did not occur to me, even though "Do what's asked of you in the most half-assed manner" is my automatic setting.

Well played.

Julie said...

I agree. That was probably the best thing you could have done.

Anonymous said...

That's a great way to handle it. I was thinking throw some hot sauce in there, but that's a little aggressive...